- In a bowl, combine the water, oil, and sugar. Set aside.
- In a large bowl with a wooden spoon, or in a stand mixer (using the dough hook), combine the flour, yeast, and salt. Add the water mixture and stir until it forms a soft ball. Knead the dough for about 3 minutes in the stand mixer or on a floured work surface. Place the dough in a lightly oiled clean bowl. Let stand in a warm and humid place for about 1 hour and 15 minutes or until the dough has doubled in size.
- Preheat the grill, setting the burners to high. Oil the grate.
- In a bowl, combine 30 ml (2 tablespoons) of oil with the lemon juice. Set aside.
- Divide dough into four pieces. On a lightly floured work surface, thinly roll out the dough to get four 30-cm (12-inch) crusts.
- Reduce the grill’s heat to medium. Place a crust or two at a time, depending on the size of the grill, directly on the grate and cook for 1 to 2 minutes or until the bottom of the crust is golden brown. Flip the dough and brush with the remaining oil. Top each pizza with a quarter of the cheese. Continue cooking for about 2 minutes or until the cheese has melted.
- In a bowl, combine the arugula with the lemon oil. Season with salt and pepper.
- Top each pizza with the ham and the arugula salad. Serve immediately.
The microwave oven is a perfect place to allow the dough to rise. Add a cup of boiling water next to the dough, which makes the enclosure warm and humid.