- Preparation time
- 30 min
- Cooking time
- 25 min
- In the fridge
- 1 h
- 8 turnovers
Open in full-screen mode
- In a food processor, process almond paste and sugar into fine pieces. Add butter, egg yolks and almond extract. Pulse until smooth. Pour into a bowl and add almonds. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- With the rack in the middle position, preheat the oven to 200 °C (400 °F). Line a 43 X 30-cm (17 X 12-inch) baking sheet with parchment paper.
- On a floured work surface, roll out dough into two 25-cm (10-inch) squares of about 3-mm (1/8-inch) thick. Cut each piece of dough into four squares.
- Brush one side of the pastry with beaten egg. Spoon about 30 ml (2 tablespoons) of almond mixture in the centre of each square. Close to form triangles. With a fork, press edges to seal the dough.
- Place turnovers on the baking sheet. With scissors, make a small incision in the centre of each turnover to allow steam to escape.
- Brush with remaining beaten egg and sprinkle with almonds. Bake for about 25 minutes or until turnovers are a nice golden colour. Let cool completely and dust with icing sugar.