- In a bowl, combine all the ingredients. Generously season with pepper.
- With a sharp knife, crisscross one side of the steaks. Place the steaks in the marinade. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Prepare a charcoal fire or preheat the grill, setting the burners to high.
- Grill the steaks for about 6 minutes on each side for rare.
- For a tender steak, it should be served rare.
- Serve with baked sweet potatoes and grilled onions.
If you can’t find skirt steaks, you can use this same marinade for other cuts of beef like the rib eye, sirloin or t-bone steaks.