- 12 muffins
- 1 1/2 cup (375 ml) unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) rolled oats
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) wheat bran
- 2 teaspoons (10 ml) baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon (1 ml) ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon (1ml) ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon (1ml) ground ginger
- 3/4 cup (180 ml) homemade or store-bought pumpkin purée
- 3/4 cup (180 ml) milk
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) sugar
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) unsalted butter, melted
- 2 eggs
- 3 tablespoons (45 ml) molasses
- With the rack in the middle position, preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F). Line 12 muffin cups with paper or silicone liners.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the dry ingredients. Set aside.
- In another bowl, whisk together the remaining ingredients until well combined. Pour over the dry ingredients and mix gently with a fork until the flour is just moistened. Do not overmix.
- Divide the batter among the muffin cups. Bake until a toothpick inserted in the centre of a muffin comes out clean, about 30 minutes. Unmould onto a cooling rack and let cool.