Vegetarian Savoury Pie with Chickpeas and Mushrooms
- 40 MIN
- 1 H 15 MIN
- In a food processor, finely chop the mushrooms. Transfer to a bowl and set aside.
- Coarsely chop the chickpeas in the food processor. Set aside.
- In a saucepan over medium heat, soften the onions, leek and garlic in the oil. Add the mushrooms and sauté for about 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Add the wine, mustard and spices. Simmer until the wine has evaporated. Add the chickpeas and mix well. Adjust the seasoning. Set aside.
- With the rack in the bottom position, preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F).
- In a large bowl, combine the flour and salt. Set aside.
- In a measuring cup, combine the water and honey. Add the oil. Pour over the dry ingredients and stir with a fork until the flour is just moistened. Shape the dough into 2 discs about 2.5 cm (1 inch) thick.
- Roll out each disc between 2 sheets of parchment paper. Line a 23-cm (9-inch) pie plate with one pastry round. Spread the filling evenly in the pie shell. Cut a few slits in the second pastry round, then cover the filling. Seal tightly by crimping the edges of the pastry using a fork or your fingers. Brush with milk.
- Bake for about 55 minutes.
- Serve with Beet and Cranberry Chutney.
- Preparation time: 15 min
- Total: 35 min