White Bean Soup with Sun-Dried Tomatoes
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) olive oil
- 2 cans (398 ml/14 oz) white beans, rinsed and drained
- 4 cups (1 litre) chicken broth
- 1 cup (250 ml) white wine
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes, drained and chopped
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) chopped fresh basil
- 1/2 teaspoon (2.5 ml) dry mustard
- Salt and pepper
- In a saucepan over medium heat, soften the onion and garlic in the oil. Add the beans, broth and wine. Season with salt and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer about 10 minutes.
- In a blender, purée the soup until smooth. Add the remaining ingredients. Adjust the seasoning.