Cranberried Demi-Glace Sauce
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) red wine vinegar
- 1 cup (250 ml) fresh cranberries
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) sugar
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 3/4 cups (180 ml) cold cranberry juice
- 1 1/4 cups (310 ml) demi-glace sauce
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) cold butter
- Place the vinegar, cranberries, sugar and garlic in a saucepan and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer until the cranberries burst, about 5 minutes.
- Add the cranberry juice. Bring to a boil and reduce by half.
- Add the demi-glace sauce and bring to a boil while whisking constantly. Reduce the heat and simmer gently for about 3 minutes.
- Remove the saucepan from the heat. Add the butter, whisking until it melts. Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve with Roast Beef with Dried Cranberry Persillade.
Can be made a day ahead. Heat before serving.