- about 500 ml (2 cups)
- 1 can 19 oz (540 ml) chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) water
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) tahini (sesame butter)
- 2 lemons, for the juice
- Cumin, cayenne pepper, parsley and olive oil (optional)
- In a blender or food processor, purée the chickpeas, garlic, water, tahini, lemon juice
and salt until smooth.
- If desired, sprinkle with cumin, cayenne pepper and/or parsley, and drizzle with olive oil.
- Serve as a dip with plain or toasted pita bread, or serve with grilled meats and poultry.