- 2/3 cup (150 ml) whole, blanched almonds
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) sesame seeds
- 4 teaspoons (20 ml) chilli powder
- 2 teaspoon (10 ml) turmeric
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) onion salt
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) celery salt
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) cumin seeds
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) ground coriander
- Cayenne pepper, to taste
- Olive oil
- Cubed bread, for dipping
- Using a mortar and pestle or a small food processor, crush the almonds into small pieces. Add the remaining ingredients except the olive oil and bread, and mix well. Transfer to a small bowl. Pour the olive oil into another bowl. Serve with bread cubes that diners dip first in the oil and then in the dukka.
The recipe comes from Ricardo’s book “Meals for every occasion”.