- 600 g red or white potatoes (4 to 5 potatoes, medium size)
- 4 cups (1 litre) thinly sliced onions
- 1/3 cup (75 ml) butter
- 2 teaspoons (10 ml) red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) fresh parsley, chopped
- Salt and pepper
- In a pot of salted boiling water, cook the potatoes until tender, about 15 minutes. Drain. Let cool and cut into large cubes. Set aside.
- In a large skillet, brown the onions in the butter for about 10 minutes.
- Deglaze with the vinegar. Add the potatoes and parsley. Continue cooking until the mixture is thoroughly heated.
- Season with salt and pepper.
These potatoes are delicious with meat and poultry.