- 4 large or 6 small wraps
Beef Tataki Wraps
- 1 lb (454 g) beef flap or flank steak, cut into 4 pieces
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) soy sauce
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) maple syrup
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) rice vinegar
- 1 tsp (5 ml) hot pepper or jalapeño sauce
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) peanut butter
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) soy sauce
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) water
- 4 large flour tortillas (25-cm/10-inch)
- 1/2 cucumber, peeled, seeded and cut into thin sticks
- 1 cup (75 g) bean sprouts
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) coarsely chopped roasted peanuts
- Cilantro leaves
- In a non-reactive bowl, combine all the ingredients. Cover and refrigerate for 6 hours or more.
- In a grill pan or on a gas grill over medium-high heat, grill the meat on both sides until done to your liking (rare or medium rare will be more tender). Let cool. Slice thinly across the grain.
- In a bowl, combine all the ingredients. Microwave on high for about 1 minute. Stir until smooth. Let cool.
- Place the tortillas on a work surface. Brush with the sauce. Arrange the beef, cucumbers, sprouts, peanuts and cilantro leaves on the tortilla, leaving a 2.5-cm (1-inch) border. Fold and wrap.