- 1 1/2 cups (375 ml) graham cracker crumbs
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) maple sugar
- 1/3 cup (75 ml) butter, melted
- 375 g cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 cup (250 ml) maple syrup
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) 35% cream
- Maple syrup, for service
- Preheat the oven to 180 °C (350 °F).
- In a bowl, combine all the crust ingredients and lightly press at the bottom of a 20-cm (8-inch) springform pan.
- Bake for 15 minutes. Set aside.
- In another bowl, beat the cream cheese with the maple syrup.
- Beat in the eggs and cream. Pour the batter onto the crust. Bake in the middle of the oven for about 1 hour. With the door ajar, let cool in the oven, then refrigerate for 4 to 8 hours. Serve cold with a drizzle of maple syrup.
This year, we went to M. Charbonneau’s sugar shack, at Mont Saint-Grégoire. Denis Charbonneau’s Orchard Sugar Shack. Phone: 450-347-9184