- 16 dumplings
Apple-Stuffed Dumplings in Maple Syrup
- 2 cups (500 ml) all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) sugar
- 2 teaspoons (10 ml) baking powder
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) melted butter
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup (180 ml) milk
- 2 1/2 cups (625 ml) maple syrup
- 1 1/2 cups (375 ml) water
- 1 to 2 small apples, peeled, cored and cut into 16 pieces
- In a bowl, combine the flour, sugar, and baking powder. Add the melted butter, vanilla, and milk. Stir with a wooden spoon until the dough is smooth.
- In a saucepan, bring the maple syrup and water to a boil.
- With wet hands, shape about 16 balls with the dough. Moisten your hands frequently to prevent the dough from sticking to your fingers. Push a piece of apple in each ball.
- Progressively drop the dumplings in the boiling syrup.
- Cover and simmer for about 15 minutes.
- Serve the dumplings with the hot syrup. Serve with vanilla ice cream, if desired.