- 16 servings
Lemon and Orange Flavored Cake
- 3/4 cup (180 ml) sugar
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) unsalted butter, softened
- 2 eggs
- Grated zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 1 1/2 cups (375 ml) all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoon (7 ml) baking powder
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) milk
- 3 tablespoons (45 ml) orange juice
- 6 tablespoons (90 ml) sugar
- Preheat the oven to 180 ºC (350 ºF). Line a 20-cm (8-inch) square pan with parchment paper.
- In a bowl, beat the sugar and butter until the mixture is creamy. Add the eggs while beating, then the lemon zest and juice.
- In another bowl, combine the flour and baking powder. Stir the dry ingredients into the previous mixture alternating with the milk.
- Pour the mixture into the pan. Bake in the middle of the oven for about 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the centre of the cake comes out clean.
- In a saucepan, heat the orange juice and sugar. Right out of the oven, brush the top of the cake with the syrup. Cool completely before cutting.