Strawberry & Cream Mini Sponge Cakes
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon (2.5 ml) baking powder
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon (2.5 ml) vanilla extract
- Whipped cream and strawberries, for garnish
- With the rack in the middle position, preheat the oven to 180 ° C (350 ° F). Butter or line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a bowl, combine the flour and baking powder.
- In another bowl, whisk the eggs, sugar and vanilla with an electric mixer until the mixture whitens. Gently fold in the dry ingredients with a spatula.
- With a spoon, scoop about 30 ml (2 tablespoons) of mixture on the sheet for each mini cake.
- Bake for about 10 minutes. Let cool.
- When serving, garnish with whipped cream and sliced strawberries.