Cold Sesame-Marinated Beef
- 1.2 kg beef sirloin, about 1-inch (2.5-cm) thick
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) sesame oil
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) balsamic vinegar
- 4 green onions, finely chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- Salt and pepper
- On the barbecue grill or non-stick skillet with ridges, grill the beef at a high temperature until it is rare. Season with salt and pepper.
- In a bowl, whisk together the oil, vinegar, green onions and garlic. Add the beef and coat well. Cover and let marinate in the refrigerator for 12 hours, turning the meat several times.
- Drain the meat and thinly sliced. Arrange on a plate, slightly overlapping the slices. Drizzle with the remaining marinade. Garnish the centre of the plate with arugula. Serve cold.