Herbed Pork Chops
- 2 tbsp chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh basil
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh tarragon
- 1 tsp chopped fresh thyme
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) plain yogurt
- 1/2 jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely chopped, or to taste
- Juice of 1 lime
- 4 bone-in pork chops, about 3/4 inch (2 cm) thick, trimmed of fat
- Salt and pepper
- In a bowl with the back of a spoon, or in a mortar, crush the herbs and garlic with the sugar and salt. Add the yogurt, jalapeno and lime juice. Stir well.
- In a glass dish, thoroughly coat the chops with the marinade. Cover and refrigerate for 12 to 24 hours.
- Preheat the grill, setting the burners to high. Oil the grate.
- Grill the chops for 4 to 5 minutes on each side, or until the meat is medium rare. Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve the chops with Grilled Radishes.
As a general rule, you can substitute 1 tbsp of fresh herbs with about 1 tsp of dried herbs.