Black Bean and Corn Salad Pitas
- Flesh of 1 avocado, diced
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) lime juice
- 2 cups (500 ml) cooked corn kernels (about 2 ears)
- 1 can (540 ml/19 oz) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 tomato, seeded and diced
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) finely chopped cilantro
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 3 pitas (20 cm/8 inches), cut into half rounds
- Mayonnaise to taste
- 6 leaves Boston lettuce
- In a bowl, gently toss the avocado with the lime juice. Add the remaining ingredients. Season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Carefully open the pita halves and brush the insides with mayonnaise. Spoon in the salad and garnish with lettuce.
Add a finely chopped jalapeno pepper or a few drops of Tabasco sauce to enhance the salad.