- With the rack in the lowest position, preheat the oven to 200 °C (400 °F).
- In a bowl, combine all the ingredients. Season with salt and pepper. Keep cold.
- Untie the turkey roast and open flat. Slide strings under the meat, making them extend from each side. Season with salt and pepper. Spread the stuffing in the centre of the roast. Close and tie again.
- In a large skillet or saucepan, brown the turkey roast on all sides in the butter, oil and curry powder. Season with salt and pepper. Remove from the skillet and set aside.
- In the same skillet, brown the shallots and garlic. Add a little butter, if necessary. Deglaze with the wine. Add the broth. Season with salt and pepper. Place the roast back in the skillet.
- Bake for 30 minutes, uncovered. Reduce the oven’s temperature to 170 °C (325 °F) and bake for about 2 hours or until a meat thermometer inserted into the centre of the roast reads 70 °C (158 °F).
- Remove from the oven, cover with aluminum foil and let stand for 10 minutes. Place the roast on a large platter. At service, remove the string from the roast as you go to help facilitate slicing.