Barros Luco (beef, avocado and melted cheese sandwich)
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) chili sauce
- 1 tsp (5 ml) sambal oelek
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/4 tsp ground coriander
- 4 cloves garlic, halved
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) vegetable oil
- 4 small beef tournedos
- 4 kaiser rolls, halved horizontally
- 8 slices Monterey Jack cheese
- 12 slices tomato
- 1 avocado, sliced
- In a bowl, combine all the ingredients. Keep refrigerated.
- With the rack in the highest position, preheat the oven broiler.
- In an ovenproof skillet, brown the garlic in the oil over medium heat to flavour the oil. Remove and discard the garlic.
- In the same skillet, brown the meat on each side until the desired doneness. Remove and set aside on a plate.
- Place the rolls on a baking sheet.
- Garnish with the cheese slices and melt under the broiler. Spread with the sauce.
- Thinly slice the meat and place on the base of the rolls. Garnish with the tomatoes and avocado. Cover with the bread tops.
- Serve with Cilantro Marinated Raw Vegetables.
So quick and easy to cook, a perfect recipe to prepare after work.