Maple-Glazed Pork Tenderloins
- 2 pork tenderloins, about 1 lb (450 g) each
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) vegetable oil
- 4 shallots, chopped
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) maple syrup
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) Dijon mustard
- With the rack in the middle position, preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Dust the tenderloins with flour. In an ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat, brown the pork in the butter and oil. Season with salt and pepper. Set aside on a plate.
- In the same skillet, soften the shallots. Add the maple syrup and mustard. Simmer for 1 minute, until thickened. Return the pork to the skillet and coat with the sauce.
- Bake for 16 to 17 minutes for medium rare.
- Remove from the oven and cover with foil. Let rest for 5 minutes before slicing. Garnish with fresh thyme.
- Serve with barley pilaf with bacon and/or mashed acorn squash with maple syrup, if desired.