1 H 10 MIN
Blueberry Pudding Cake
- 4 cups (1 litre) blueberries
- 1/3 cup (75 ml) maple syrup
- 1 cup (250 ml) pastry flour
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) baking powder
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) baking soda
- 1 pinch salt
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) unsalted butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup (180 ml) brown sugar
- 3/4 cup (180 ml) buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) vanilla extract
- With the rack in the middle position, preheat the oven to 180 °C (350 °F).
- Butter a 2 litres (8 cups) or 20-cm (8-inch) in diameter and 9-cm (3 1/2-inch) deep soufflé dish.
- In the dish, combine the blueberries and maple syrup. Set aside.
- In a bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- In another bowl, beat the butter, egg and sugar with an electric mixer until smooth.
- Add the dry ingredients alternately with the buttermilk and vanilla.
- Spread the batter over the blueberry filling. Bake for about 1 hour 10 or until a toothpick inserted in the centre of the cake comes out clean.
- Let cool and serve.