Raspberry Kefir Muffins
- 1 3/4 cups (430 ml) unbleached all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup (150 ml) brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) baking powder
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 cup (250 ml) plain kefir or yogurt
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) All-Bran cereal
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 1/2 cups (375 ml) fresh or frozen raspberries
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) sugar
- With the rack in the middle position, preheat the oven to 190°C (375°F). Line 12 muffin cups with paper liners.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, brown sugar, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- In another bowl, combine the kefir, oil, cereal and egg. Pour the mixture on the dry ingredients and gently stir with a spatula, mixing only until the flour is moistened.
- Add the raspberries and stir gently.
- Scrape the batter into the muffin cups. Sprinkle with sugar. Bake until a toothpick inserted in the centre comes out clean, 20 to 25 minutes. Unmould the muffins and cool on a rack.