Scallop and Pancetta Skewers
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) white wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon (2.5 ml) sugar
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) olive oil
- 8 prunes, finely diced
- Salt and pepper
- 12 sea scallops (about 400 g/14 oz total)
- 6 slices mild pancetta, cut in half
- 6 wood or bamboo skewers, soaked in water for 30 minutes
- 4 cups (1 litre) mixed baby greens (mesclun)
- In a bowl, whisk together all the ingredients. Season with salt and pepper.
- Preheat the grill, setting the burners to high. Oil the grate.
- Season the scallops with salt and pepper. Wrap each scallop in a half slice of pancetta. Thread 3 scallops on each skewer.
- Grill for about 3 minutes on one side, then turn and grill for 3 minutes more.
- Divide the greens among 4 plates and top each with a skewer. Drizzle with the dressing.