Double Chocolate Tapioca Pudding
- 1 cup (250 ml) powdered milk
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) instant tapioca
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) ground almonds (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon (1 ml) vanilla powder
- 1 egg
- 4 cups (1 litre) cold water
- 6 1/2 ounces (200 g) mixed white and dark chocolate chips (or chopped chocolate)
- Before leaving your home, place all the dry ingredients, except for the chocolate chips, in a plastic bag.
- When it is time to prepare the tapioca pudding, pour that dry mix into a saucepan. Add the egg and cold water. Stir with a whisk. Cook over low heat until the mixture is steaming, stirring constantly to avoid clumping. Cook for about 15 minutes or until the tapioca pearls are translucent.
- Remove from the heat. To serve, place chocolate chips at the bottom of each bowl. Pour the hot pudding over the chocolate. Each guest mixes his or her own tapioca with the chocolate. Delicious!
Before leaving your home, add 60 ml (1/4 cup) of dried banana slices ground with a coffee grinder or food processor to the dry ingredients.