Whiskey Marinated Salmon
- 1 salmon fillet (225 g / 1/2 lb) with the skin, very fresh
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) whiskey
- Sea salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) fresh herbs (lemon balm, cilantro or dill), approximately
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons (10 ml) whiskey (optional)
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) honey
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) chopped fresh chives
- Place the salmon fillet, skin side down on a plate. Cover with the whiskey.
- Season the fish with salt, a bit more than usual. Sprinkle with the same amount of sugar. Season with pepper and scatter the herbs on the fish.
- Lightly press the herbs onto the flesh of the fish and turn over. Cover with plastic wrap. Marinate in the refrigerator for 24 hours.
- In a bowl, whisk the egg yolk with the mustard. Add the oil in a thin stream while whisking vigorously.
- Add the whiskey, honey and chives. Whisk vigorously again. Season with pepper and refrigerate until ready to use.
- To serve, slice the salmon as thinly as possible. Drizzle with the mayonnaise.