- With a knife, remove the fat from the duck, leaving only a thin layer.
- In a bowl, combine the salt and herbs. Oil and rub the duck skin side with this mixture.
- Preheat the grill, setting the burners to medium.
- Place the duck on the grill, fat side down. Grill for about 10 minutes. Increase the heat of the burners and turn the duck breast. Continue cooking for about 5 minutes for medium rare. Cool to room temperature.
- In a bowl, whisk together all the ingredients.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Cut the lukewarm duck into thin slices. Place the arugula in the centre of the plates and place the slices of duck breast around. Drizzle with the vinaigrette and garnish with cheese shavings. Season with pepper and serve.