Pumpkin Seed Dip
- 3/4 cup (180 ml) shelled pumpkin seeds, lightly toasted
- 1 or 2 cloves garlic, sprout removed
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, grated
- 1 cup (250 ml) basil leaves, cleaned and dried
- 1 3/4 cups (430 ml) creamy yogurt (Mediterranean-style)
- 1/4 teaspoon (1 ml) honey
- 1/4 teaspoon (1 ml) Cayenne pepper
- Salt and pepper
- In a food processor, chop together the pumpkin seeds, garlic, cheese and basil. Pour into a bowl. Add the yogurt, honey and Cayenne pepper. Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve in a hollowed out small pumpkin. This dip is delicious with veggies, breadsticks or with grilled chicken skewers.
Of course, there are squashes all year long in greengrocers and supermarkets. But why not take full advantage of the harvest season to grab yourself Cucurbits in places entirely devoted to their culture. It is a fun family activity, furthermore, ther’re some great interpretation center. Where to go? La Courgerie 2321, Grand rang St-Pierre, Sainte-Élizabeth 450 752-2950 ou 1 800 711-2021 www.lacourgerie.com Centre d'interprétation de la courge 839, chemin Principal Saint-Joseph-du-Lac 450 623-4894 www.courge-quebec.com La Ferme Quinn 2495, boul. Perrot Sud, Notre-Dame-de-l'Île-Perrot 514 453-1510 www.quinnfarm.qc.ca