Basic Chocolate Cupcakes
- 1 1/2 cups (375 ml) unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoon (7.5 ml) baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon (2.5 ml) baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon (1 ml) salt
- 1 cup (250 ml) sugar
- 3/4 cup (180 ml) cocoa
- 3/4 cup (180 ml) vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) vanilla extract
- 1 cup (250 ml) milk
- With the rack in middle position, preheat the oven to 180 °C (350 °F). Line a 12 cavity muffin tray with paper liners.
- In a bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- In another bowl, combine the sugar and cocoa. Add the oil, eggs, vanilla and beat with an electric mixer at high speed or until mixture is smooth. At low speed, add the dry ingredients alternately with the milk. Scoop the batter into the molds.
- Bake for approximately 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the centre of a cake comes out clean. Cool and store in an airtight container.
This recipe for chocolate cupcakes can yield 12 to 14 cakes. If you have a 12 cavity mold, know that the batter can safely wait before being baked.