Asparagus with Lemon Gremolata
- 1 lb (454 g) asparagus, trimmed
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) shallot, chopped
- Grated zest of 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) olive oil
- Fleur de sel and pepper
- In a saucepan of salted boiling water, cook the asparagus until al dente. Drain
- In a bowl, combine the parsley, shallot, and lemon zest.
- Place the asparagus in a serving dish and drizzle with the oil. Sprinkle with the gremolata. Season with salt and pepper.
Good to know
Typically Italian, gremolata is a mixture of chopped fresh parsley, garlic and lemon zest served as a topping to osso buco. Several variations exist, made to taste. We have made it substituting the garlic with shallot.