Yellow Tomato Quiche
- 1 herb pie crust (see recipe)
- 4 slices bacon, cut into pieces
- 3/4 cup (180 ml) sour cream
- 3/4 cup (180 ml) grated mozzarella cheese
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) 15% cream or milk
- 2 red or yellow tomatoes, seeded, cut into strips and patted dry
- Salt and pepper
- With the rack in the lowest position, preheat the oven to 200 °C (400 °F).
- On a floured work surface, roll out the dough. Line a 23-cm (9-inch) pie plate with a removable bottom or regular. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- In a small skillet, brown the bacon. Drain on paper towel. Set aside.
- In a bowl, combine the sour cream, cheese, eggs, and cream. Season with salt and pepper.
- Spread the bacon and tomatoes at the bottom of the crust. Pour the egg mixture over the tomatoes.
- Bake for 40 to 45 minutes.
- Serve hot, warm or cold.