Chicken and Wild Rice Salad Pitas
- 1/2 cup (95 g) wild rice
- 1/4 cup (40 g) dried cranberries, chopped
- 2 cups (340 g) cooked and diced chicken
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) sour cream
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh chives
- 2 pita bread, about 8 inches (20-cm) in diameter, halved
- Boston lettuce leaves, to taste
- Salt and pepper
- In a saucepan of salted boiling water, cook the rice for about 50 minutes or until the rice is tender and split open. Add the cranberries and cook for 5 minutes. Drain and rinse under cold water.
- In a bowl, combine the rice and cranberries with the chicken, sour cream, mayonnaise and chives. Season with salt and pepper.
- Carefully open the pita bread and fill with the chicken salad and lettuce.