American-Style Double Cheeseburgers
- 20 MIN
- 10 MIN
- In a bowl, combine all the ingredients. Season with salt and pepper. Refrigerate.
- Preheat the grill, setting burners to high. Oil the grate.
- With a bread knife, cut the tops of the hamburger buns in half horizontally. Set aside.
- Shape 8 large, very thin ground beef patties using a hamburger press or by flattening the patties between two sheets of plastic wrap.
- Grill the patties for about 3 minutes on each side, or until the meat is cooked through. Season with salt and pepper. One minute before the end of the cooking, place the cheese slices on half the patties. Toast the buns.
- Spread the sauce on the inside of the buns. Place the plain meat patties on the bottom halves of the buns and garnish with pickle slices. Cover with the crust-less bun slices. Add more sauce and garnish with lettuce. Add the remaining cheese-covered patties and cover with the tops of the buns.