BBQ Chicken Breasts
- 1 cup (250 ml) orange juice
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) honey
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) chili powder
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- Grated zest of 1 orange
- 6 skinless and boneless chicken breast halves
- Salt and pepper
- In a glass dish or a large sealable plastic bag, combine all the ingredients. Add the chicken and coat well. Cover the dish or seal the bag. Refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
- Preheat the grill, setting the burners on high. Oil the grate.
- Drain the chicken, keeping the marinade aside. Season the meat with salt and pepper.
- Reduce the grill temperature to medium. Grill the chicken for about 7 minutes per side, basting it with the marinade.
- In a small saucepan, bring the remaining marinade to a boil. Simmer for about 2 minutes. Adjust the seasoning.
- Coat the chicken with the sauce and serve with a green salad and baked potatoes.
Keep two cooked chicken breasts if you want to make the recipe for Mediterranean Chicken and Grilled Cheese Sandwiches.