Smoked Duck and Cherry Salad
- 3 tablespoons (45 ml) canola oil or olive oil
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons (10 ml) sugar
- 1 tsp (5 ml) fresh ginger, finely chopped
- Salt and pepper
- 4 cups (1 litre) baby spinach
- 4 cups (1 litre) Boston lettuce
- 1 1/2 cups (375 ml) cherries, halved and pitted
- 1 pear, peeled, seeded and diced
- 1 package 3 1/2 oz (100 g) dried and smoked (or not) sliced duck breast
- Small flowers from your garden, to taste (see note)
- In a bowl, combine all the ingredients. Season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- In a bowl, combine all the ingredients. Add the vinaigrette and toss gently. Adjust the seasoning. Serve immediately.
When chives, thyme or other herbs from your garden are in bloom, use them to garnish and enhance your dishes. Flowers like pansies, nasturtium, lavender, and daylilies are amazing in a salad.