Slow-Cooker Beef Stroganoff
- 1 1/2 lb (675 g) beef sirloin
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) flour
- 3 tablespoons (45 ml) oil
- Salt and pepper
- 2 onions, chopped
- 3 tablespoons (45 ml) butter
- 3 cups (750 ml) sliced mushrooms
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) red wine
- 1 cup (250 ml) beef broth
- 1/2 teaspoon (2.5 ml) paprika
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) Dijon mustard
- 3/4 cup (180 ml) plain yogurt
- Fresh parsley, chopped
- Fresh chives, chopped
- Cut the sirloin into 1-cm (1/2-inch) wide strips against the grain of the meat.
- Dust the meat pieces with flour and brown in a skillet over high heat in the oil, a little at a time. Season with salt and pepper. Place into the slow cooker.
- In the same skillet, brown the onions in the butter. Add the mushrooms, garlic and cook for 5 minutes over high heat. Season with salt and pepper.
- Deglaze with the wine and pour into the slow cooker. Add the remaining ingredients except for the yogurt and parsley or chives.
- Cover and cook on high heat for about 2 hours, or low heat for 4 to 5 hours, approximately.
- Add the yogurt and adjust the seasoning. Do not boil.
- Sprinkle with parsley or chives and serve with egg noodles.