Pasta with Piperade Sauce (Bell Pepper Sauce)
- 3/4 lb (375 g) Tortiglioni or other short pasta
- 4 various colour bell peppers, seeded and cut into strips
- 2 onions, chopped
- 1 pinch hot pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) tomato paste
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) chopped flat-leaf parsley
- Salt and pepper
- In a large pot of salted boiling water, cook the pasta until al dente. Drain and oil lightly. Set aside.
- In a large skillet over high heat, sauté the peppers and onion with the pepper flakes in the oil for about 10 minutes or until browned. Season with salt and pepper. Reduce the heat to medium and cook for about 10 minutes or until the peppers have slightly caramelized. Add the garlic and tomato paste and cook for about 1 minute. Add the pasta and parsley. Heat through and stir to combine. Adjust the seasoning.
Personalize your lunch
For a complete meal, add a topping of your choice. For an adult, add: a 99 g can of oil-packed tuna, drained, or 1 cooked and sliced Italian sausage, or 30 ml (2 tablespoons) of grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese.