- 2 cups (500 ml) unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups (375 ml) brown sugar
- 1 cup (250 ml) quick oats
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) raisins
- 2 tsp (10 ml) baking powder
- 1/2 tsp (2.5 ml) ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml) ground cinnamon
- Pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) carrot juice
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp (5 ml) vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups (375 ml) grated carrots
- With the rack in the middle position, preheat the oven to 180 °C (350 °F). Line 12 muffin cups with paper liners or butter the cavities.
- In a large bowl, combine all the dry ingredients. Add the grated carrots.
- In another bowl, combine the oil, carrot juice, eggs and vanilla with a whisk. Add to the dry ingredients and stir gently with a spatula until the mixture is barely moist.
- Divide the batter among the muffin cups. Bake for about 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the centre of a muffin comes out clean. Allow to cool slightly. Unmould and cool on rack.