1 H 45 MIN
- 2 bulbs of garlic. whole
- 2 butternut squash, about 600g each, cut in half lengthwise and seeded
- 1 cup (250 ml) grated Gruyère cheese
- 3 eggs, separated
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon (1 ml) ground Allspice
- Salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) dry bread, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) grated Gruyère cheese
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1 green onion, finely chopped
- With the rack in the middle position, preheat the oven to 200 °C (400 °F). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Butter a 20-cm (8-inch) square baking dish.
- Slice the top off the garlic bulbs and wrap them individually in foil. Place on the sheet. Set aside.
- Place the squash on the same sheet, flesh side down. Bake the garlic for about 40 minutes and the squash for about 1 hour or until tender. Let cool.
- Squeeze the flesh of the garlic out from the bulb. Set aside.
- With a spoon, remove the flesh of the squash. Set aside.
- In a bowl, blend the squash purée and garlic with an electric mixer. Add the Swiss cheese, egg yolks, onions and allspice. Season with salt and pepper.
- In another bowl, whisk the egg whites with an electric mixer until stiff peaks form. With a spatula, gently fold in the squash mixture. Spread in the baking dish.
- Bake for approximately 30 minutes. Set aside.
- Preheat the oven to broil.
- In a bowl, combine all the ingredients. Sprinkle over the soufflé. Brown in the oven.
- Serve immediately.