Moroccan-Style Scallop Skewers with Grilled Chorizo
- Grated zest of 1 lemon
- 2 tsp dried parsley
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp ground coriander seeds
- 1 tsp mild or spicy paprika
- 1/2 tsp ground pepper
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- A pinch ground cinnamon
- A pinch cayenne pepper
- 1 1/2 lb (675 g) large scallops, patted dry
- 1 chorizo sausage, cut into 1/4-inch (1/2-cm) thick slices
- 8 medium wooden skewers, soaked in water for 30 minutes
- On a plate, dry the lemon peel in the microwave oven for 2 minutes, stirring halfway through cooking. Let cool.
- In a bowl, combine the cooled lemon zest with the remaining ingredients.
- Preheat the grill, setting the burners to medium. Oil the grate.
- Coat the scallops with the dry rub. Thread the scallops onto the skewers, alternating with the chorizo slices. Allow to marinate for 15 minutes.
- Grill the skewers for 2 to 3 minutes per side or until the desired doneness. Serve as a hors d’oeuvre or as a main dish on couscous and a green salad.