- 3/4 cup (180 ml) unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon (1 ml) salt
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) ricotta cheese
- /2 cup (125 ml) grated Parmigiano-Reggiano
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) olive oil
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) chopped fresh chives or parsley
- Freshly cracked pepper
- With the rack in the middle position, preheat the oven to 200 °C (400 °F). Generously butter 18 large madeleine molds.
- In a bowl, combine the flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- In another bowl, beat the eggs, ricotta, Parmesan, oil and maple syrup with an electric mixer or whisk until blended. At low speed, add the dry ingredients and herbs. Pepper generously. Spoon about 30 ml (2 tablespoons) of batter in each mold.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in centre of a Madeleine comes out clean.
- Serve with chorizo slices and a glass of sparkling wine.
The baking time may vary depending on the size of your Madeleine pan.