Toasted Bread with Garlic and Herb Butter
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) butter, softened
- 3 tablespoons (45 ml) chopped parsley
- 3 tablespoons (45 ml) chopped fresh chives
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 French baguette
- With the rack in the middle position, preheat the oven to 200 °C (400 °F). Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- In a bowl, combine the butter, herbs and garlic. Set aside.
- Slice the baguette without cutting through the bottom at 2.5-cm (1-inch intervals. Spread the garlic and herb butter into each incision. Toast in the oven for about 15 minutes.