Citrus Marinated Salmon
- 1 1/2 tablespoons (22 ml) salt
- 1 1/2 tablespoons (22 ml) sugar
- 1 fillet 2 lb (1 kg) salmon, skinned
- Grated zest of 1 orange
- Grated zest of 1 lemon
- Grated zest of 1/2 grapefruit
- In a bowl, combine the salt and sugar. Rub this mixture on both sides of the salmon, pressing well. Place the fish in glass dish. Scatter the citrus zest on top of the fish. Cover with plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 24 hours.
- The next day, rinse the fillet under running water. Pat the fish dry with a clean cloth. Cut into thin slices and place on a large serving plate. Serve with sour cream and capers.
- Serve for brunch or as a starter, on individual plates.
- Delicious with little seaweed rice crackers.
If you have any marinated salmon left, it will be delicious the day after your brunch, on a bagel with cream cheese and capers. It will keep, refrigerated, for about 5 days.