• Watercress Dressing
- In a blender, purée all the ingredients until smooth. Season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- In a skillet, brown the skirt steaks for about 5 minutes per side for rare doneness. Season with salt and pepper. Set aside on a plate. Cover and let stand for 5 minutes.
- Preheat the oil in the deep fryer to high temperature.
- While cooking the steaks, poach the eggs.
- In a saucepan of simmering salted water, add the vinegar. Break 2 eggs in 2 saucers. Slide the eggs into the water and poach for about 3 minutes or until the desired doneness. Normally, the yolks should still be runny. Place the poached eggs on paper towels. Repeat with the remaining eggs. Set aside.
- Soak the potatoes in water to remove the starch. Drain and let dry on a clean cloth.
- Fry the potatoes for 3 to 4 minutes or until golden brown and crispy. Drain the fries on paper towels. Sprinkle with salt.
- Thinly slice the meat and divide among four plates. Top with a poached egg and drizzle with the watercress dressing. Garnish with shoestring fries and watercress.
Use a mandoline or julienne peeler to make shoestring fries.