Pasta Salad with Tuna, Corn and Cherry Tomatoes
- 3/4 lb (375 g) fusilli
- 2 cups (500 ml) cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 English cucumber, cut into quarters and sliced
- The kernels of 2 cooked ears of corn (about 500 ml / 2 cups)
- 1 cup (250 ml) feta cheese, diced
- 1 can 7 oz (198 g) flaked light tuna, drained
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 3 tablespoons (45 ml) olive oil
- Juice of 1 lime
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) fresh chopped basil or parsley
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) sugar
- Salt and pepper
- In a large pot of salted boiling water, cook the pasta until al dente. Drain and oil lightly. Let cool in a large bowl. Add the remaining ingredients. Toss to combine. Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate.
For a salad that could appeal to more kids, use bocconcini cheese, and in the grown-up version, use feta cheese.