BBQ Beer Ribs
- 8 lbs (3.6 kg) pork baby back ribs
- 1 cup (250 ml) chili sauce
- 3/4 cup (180 ml) brown sugar
- 1 cup (250 ml) tomato paste
- 2 cups (500 ml) white or pale ale
- 6 cloves garlic, chopped
- 4 teaspoons (20 ml) Dijon mustard
- 4 teaspoons (20 ml) Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons (10 ml) ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) Cayenne pepper (optional
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) salt
- Cut the meat between the ribs to get three bones pieces.
- In a large pot, cover the ribs with lightly salted water. Bring to a boil and skim. Cover and simmer gently for 45 minutes. Drain. Set aside.
- In a saucepan, bring all the ingredients to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Simmer for 7 to 8 minutes.
- In a large bowl, combine the ribs with the sauce. If you have time, let rest in the refrigerator for several hours.
- Wit the rack in the middle position, preheat the oven to 190 °C (375 °F). Line two baking sheets with aluminum foil.
- Lay the ribs on the baking sheets. Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 40 minutes. Remove the foil and bake for 30 minutes or until the meat falls easily from the bone.