Banana and Cranberry Mini Muffins
- 3/4 cup (180 ml) bran cereal (All Bran)
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) milk
- 3 ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 cup (250 ml) flour
- 3/4 cup (180 ml) brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon (2.5 ml) cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon (0.5 ml) ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon (1 ml) salt
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) dried cranberries
- With the rack in the middle position, preheat the oven to 180 °C (350 °F). Butter 12 medium-sized muffin cups.
- In a bowl, combine the bran cereal, milk, bananas, and egg. Let stand for 5 minutes.
- In another bowl, combine the flour, brown sugar, baking powder, spices, and salt. Make a well in the centre and add the banana mixture. Combine gently, then stir in the cranberries.
- Spoon into the muffin cups. Bake for about 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the centre of the muffin comes out clean.
- Unmould and let cool.
For some delicious one-bite muffins, use a miniature muffin pan. Slip some of these muffins in a plastic bag and take them with you for winter activities. Practical when you need a quick snack!