Trout Fillets with Balsamic Vinegar Reduction
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) white wine
- 3 tablespoons (45 ml) honey
- 4 trout fillets, skinned (about 175g each)
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- In a saucepan, bring the balsamic vinegar, white wine and honey to a boil.
- Simmer until only 75 ml (1/3 cup) of liquid is left, about 5 minutes. Allow to cool.
- In a ridged skillet, grill the fillets in the olive oil. Season with salt and pepper.
- Place the fish on warm plates. Drizzle with the vinegar reduction, zigzagging over and around the fish.
- Serve with swiss chard or other green vegetable, and wild rice.