1 H 45 MIN
Scalloped Potatoes with Roasted Garlic
- 1 bulb garlic
- 1 cup (250 ml) 35% cream
- 5 large potatoes, peeled
- 1 1/2 cups (375 ml) Jarlsberg cheese, grated
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 180 °C (350 °F). Slice the top of the head of garlic. Wrap it in aluminum foil. Bake for 45 minutes. Let cool. Squeeze the bulb of garlic to extract the roasted flesh. Purée.
- In a bowl, combine the garlic and cream. Season with salt and pepper.
- With a mandolin or a knife, slice the potatoes. In a 23 x 13-cm (9 x 5-inch) loaf pan, alternate layers of potatoes, garlic cream, and cheese; finishing with cheese.
- Bake for about 1 hour. Let stand for 10 minutes before slicing and serving as an accompaniment to meat, poultry or fish.