- 2 onions, sliced
- 3 tablespoons (45 ml) olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 cup (250 ml) basmati rice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons (7 ml) curry powder
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) fresh ginger, grated
- 2 cups (500 ml) chicken broth
- 1 1/2 cups (375 ml) small cauliflower florets
- 1/3 cup (75 ml) carrot, cut into small cubes
- 1/3 cup (75 ml) frozen peas
- 1/3 cup (75 ml) raisins
- 1/3 cup (75 ml) pistachio
- Salt and pepper
- In a saucepan, gently cook the onions in the oil until golden brown. Add the garlic and cook for 2 minutes. Add the rice, curry powder and ginger. Stir to combine. Stir in the remaining ingredients.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to low. Cover and cook for about 20 minutes without stirring. The liquid should be completely absorbed. Remove from the heat and serve.